Joanna from Simple Blueprint is a fellow new-bee to the blogging world, but is already making quite the impact. By diving right in and showing no fear, she showcases everything from striking photography to beautiful typographical pieces. Her blog does not only offer inspiration, but also some very fun goodies ranging from free downloadable desktops to her first ever giveaway (make sure to enter)!
Joanna is bursting at the seems with creative energy and it shows in each and every on of her interview answers. So please, read on and see what she loves, what she obsesses over, and what inspires her!
Q #1: What are the 5 random things that make you, well you?
1. Travel - I am Swedish-American, with a Swedish mom and an American dad. You could say that I am "split down the middle". I have lived in both countries and have moved back and forth across the Atlantic many times. If you were to ask me where I will be living a year from now, I wouldn't be able to give you an answer. I have learned that life has a way of opening doors to amazing opportunities and therefor I have no idea where in the world the next door might lead me to. At the moment, I am living in Luxembourg because my boyfriend was recently offered a great job here. Who knows where we will end up next.
2. Busy bee - I always have 101 projects going on. I love being consumed by them.
3. My wonderful dog - Brooklyn is a 4 year old Ridgeback. She makes me a better person: happier and more loving.
4. Laughter - I laugh a lot. I laugh really loud. I giggle. I chuckle. Sometimes I laugh so hard that it makes me cry, takes my breath away, and gives me a tummy ache. Laughter fills me with energy and makes me... me.
5. Clothing + stuff - I really did not want to admit to this one at first. In fact I almost changed my answer to list 4 random things instead of five, but honestly I would be lying if I didn't confess that things like clothing, magazines, beautiful things, paper, cute boxes, nick-nacks, bags, tables, shoes plates, bottles and so on take up a lot of my time and make me a very happy girl.
Q #2: Your new blog, Simple Blueprint, is a real gem! Can you please tell us how it came to be and where you would like it to go?
Thank you, Lexi. I am new to the blogging world. I have no idea how I had missed it initially but somehow I did. As soon as I stared Simple Blueprint, the whole blogging world unfolded in front of my eyes. I started Simple Blueprint as a place to log all of the beautiful things that I came across. I wanted to build some sort of order so that I could keep inspiring myself and hopefully others as well. My plans for the future of Simple Blueprint is to keep inspiring the readers that I have and to encourage new readers. Simple Blueprint gives me so much energy. I have many ideas in my head, but I am going to have to let them unravel slowly.... if I didn't I would have to kiss my work, my boyfriend and my friends good bye. The next big thing for Simple Blueprint is our first ever giveaway (please, click the image to your right to be directed to Joanna's giveaway). I've also just started a new series of downloadable calenders, both desktop and wallpaper, which I'm very excited about.
Q #3: I would love to hear more about your life outside the blogging world. Can you tell us about your design work and what keeps you busy when you are not posting your amazing finds?
As I mentioned above I always have 101 projects going on at once. When I am not posting finds on Simple Blueprint I am designing, coming up with fashion ideas, scouting locations and at photo shoots. I love my job! I love that I get to change things up from day to day. Lately I have also been working on a little design project that I hope will develop into something bigger. Aside from my design life, I spend a lot of time planing vacations, playing with my family and living life.
Below, are some great sample of Joanna's design and art direction pieces... to see more visit her online studio (believe me when I say... you wont be disappointed).
Now for the fun questions...
Q #4: What are some of the things on your to-do list?
Wash my car, rearrange my office, book a few dinner dates with friends, pay some bills, buy some supplies (but that will all have to wait since I am taking a few days off and heading out to the Stockholm's breathtaking Archipelago).
Q #5: When you see each word, what is the first thing that comes to your mind. For example, you see the word phone and the first thing you think of is text message, it would translate to... I say phone : You say Text Message.
Pencil : sharpener
Door : bell
Giraffe : I'm taller than you
Chic : Le Freak
Milk : white
E-mail : me
Q #6: What is your favorite color?
Green. All shades of green: grass, moss, forest, lime, tea, celadon, mint. Oh, also turquoise! And rasberry red. Do I really have to choose?! As a designer I often go through phases with my colors preferences and at times I obsess over certain colors/color combinations.
Q #7: If you were to press shuffle on your ipod, what are the first three songs?
At the moment, I am in Sweden and have forgot my ipod at home, so I will press shuffle in iTunes instead...
Jack Johnson - Fortunate Fool
Hello Saferide - I Thought You Said Summer Is Going To Take The Pain Away
Sophie Zelmani - Got To Stop
I was hoping that A Tribe Called Quest song would have popped up since I am in the mood for some old school hip-hop.
Last, but not least...
Q #8: At the moment, what are the three things you are in love with, obsessed with, and inspire you?
In love with my amazing boyfriend, my super cute dog and sipping champagne (preferably in the rocks on our balcony with good company).
Obsessed with jumping in the sea, photography and chocolate.
Inspired by all the fabulous blogs out there and all the wonderful finds I've posted on Simple Blueprint and of course my readers.
Any advice, for people who are taking the plunge and starting their own blog?
Go for it! The people you will meet via blogging and the inspiration you can get through it can be so rewarding! Blogging has definitely given me a new creative kick. Also, be prepared to learn a lot. It can be a challenging process, but what you gain makes it completely worth it!